Under the direction of the Florida Fire Chiefs' Association (FFCA)Executive Director, the Conference and Events Director will be responsible for producing informative, engaging and productive FFCA events from conception to completion. This position will be responsible for managing FFCA Conferences and/or Events, providing outstanding customer service and organizing memorable events that meet quality expectations. This position shall serve as primary point of contact responsible for overseeing and maintaining the integrity of all FFCA’s conferences and events and, shall develop new conference opportunities for the Association.
1. Plans, manages and executes at least four (4) conferences per year; Fire Rescue East & Tradeshow, Emergency Vehicle Technician, Executive Development and Safety & Health. Duties will also include the planning, managing and execution of additional events, including, but not limited to, the Annual Legislative Symposium, Board of Directors and Executive Committee meetings, Caucus meetings, and other miscellaneous webinars, workshops and special events within Florida.
2. Oversees associated tasks which includes location visits and selection, facility, negotiating contracts, providing food functions, arranging for vendors, attendee registration, program evaluation, overseeing program and fulfilling miscellaneous requests from the Executive Director as needed.
3. Implementing and revising space allocations for all meeting venues, including offices, exhibits and meeting rooms as necessary. Also tracking and allocating space for ancillary meetings.
4. Serving as the point person in gathering and managing the meeting specifications and preparation of function and production schedule.
5. Works directly with the Executive Director in developing annual budget for FFCA events. Manages revenues and expenses for FFCA events and aligns with approved budget, while serving as a steward of FFCA funds, for each Conference and all other FFCA events and associated budget items.
6. Works closely with the Executive Director and assigned Program Planning Committee members in event planning and assists with education development.
7. Works with Customer Experience/Digital Marketing Director in coordinating and overseeing creation and implementation of all meeting marketing and promotion material for FFCA events.
8. Works with Executive Director and assigned Program Planning Committee Chairs in securing for keynote speakers, special guests and dignitaries for FFCA events.
9. Aligns all FFCA events with the annual FFCA Education Plan and makes recommendations for improvements in the development of future Education Plans.
10. Conducts an annual FFCA event assessment to determine FFCA needs and desires for the members of the association.
11. Develops and maintains strong business relationships with partners and sponsors for all FFCA events.
12. Develops opportunities for partners to assist FFCA in carrying out the FFCA mission for its members.
13. Researches and utilizes technology associated with education and event planning.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Any combination equivalent to: bachelor’s degree in business, event planning, public relations or related field and five years related work experience in the areas of event planning, education, adult learning, training/development or associated field. A Certified Meeting Planner (CMP) credential and/or Certified Association Executive (CAE) credential is preferred. Prior work experience in Association conference and event management will be considered.
Additional Salary Information: Depending on qualifications, experience and references
About Florida Fire Chiefs' Association
The Florida Fire Chiefs’ Association – A Non-Profit Organization
The purpose and objectives of this Association are to bring together, at least once a year, persons interested in the saving of life, protection of properties, preventing and extinguishing of fires; to discuss ways and means for the betterment of the fire service, the reduction of the unnecessary loss of life and property, and the promotion of legislation for same; conducting fire research, making fire safety surveys, cooperating with governmental agencies, for the development of the fire service through a year-round educational program, and for all other purposes permitted by law.
As Florida's leading organization for fire & emergency services professionals, Florida Fire Chiefs’ Association specializes in promoting and supporting leadership excellence in fire & emergency services management, and advocating for legislation and regulations that enhance the ability of fire professionals to protect and preserve the communities they serve.
The Association strives to accomplish its mission by committing its leadership and staff to a series of strategic elements specifically designed to serve the needs of its members. Al...l elements and corresponding key initiatives have been articulated and approved by the Board of Directors.
Since 1958, FFCA has served the chief fire executive of career, combination, and volunteer departments. In 1993, the decision was made to open the membership up to any individual involved in fire and emergency services from the chief fire executive to the firefighter and to serve these members by establishing professional-interest sections where specialized programming is offered.
A Board of Directors composed of six regional directors and a five-member Executive Committee governs the Association which represents over 2,000+ members.
EXPERIENCE - LEADERSHIP - VISION
The Florida Fire Chiefs' Association (FFCA) is Florida's leading management education organization for fire & emergency services professionals; the professional association that specializes in promoting and supporting excellence in fire & emergency services management. FFCA programs help members maintain and develop their management and leadership skills.