Association & Conference Group is hiring a full-time Coordinator to join our growing team. This role wears many hats and is about details, deadlines and organization. The Coordinator will work on a team lead by an Account Executive managing events, assisting with communications and responding to inquiries for 3-4 clients. Meetings include monthly educational events attracting 50-200 attendees; monthly board and executive committee meetings; conferences, networking events, galas, golf outings, holiday parties, etc. The successful candidate must be able to work in a team environment, be proactive, resourceful, and able to juggle multiple tasks and priorities. We are looking for an energetic individual who has a passion for events and can thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
· Pre-Planning: review venue contracts as needed; communicate with ACG team and client volunteers to create event in online registration system; develop promotional plans and draft eblasts; ensure all communications are accurate and adhere to deadlines.
· Logistics: Communicate with venue regarding food & beverage, A/V needs, room set-up, etc.; assist with all registration related questions, produce and prepare name badges.
· On-Site: work registration table, manage walk-ins, provide on-site customer service as needed; take photos; provide bullet points for event recap.
· Board: participate in board and executive committee meetings, draft agendas, take minutes
· Reporting: provide weekly registration reports; ensure event costs remain within budget; develop post event report
· Serve as main point of contact for all member inquiries for multiple associations
· Membership: Maintain membership database and reporting and ensure accuracy and completeness of member information.
Position Responsibilities Administrative:
· Respond to all member, board, volunteer and sponsor emails within 24 hours
· Send meeting invitations via Outlook and/or Google calendar
· Prepare meeting agendas, take and distribute meeting minutes
· Assist in tracking sponsor invoices and collections
· Produce a variety of membership, event and communications reports
· Minimum 3 years of experience in the events or association industry
· Proven ability to work on a team in a shared services environment
· Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple projects and tasks
· Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
· Strong attention to detail and organizational proficiency
· Ability to learn and adapt to new technology solutions
· Strong knowledge of MS Office, Google Drive, Dropbox
· Ability to work independently from remote locations
Interested candidates should submit resume, link to your LinkedIn profile and a cover letter that specifies salary requirements. Only candidates submitting all of this information will be considered.
PLEASE NOTE: Association & Conference Group (ACG) is a virtual company which means no more commuting! ACG employees provide the environment (home office) while ACG provides the technology needed to be successful. Candidates must be located in the Hartford, CT.
Telecommuting is allowed.
About Association & Conference Group
Association & Conference Group specializes in providing full-service association management to member-based professional and trade organizations.