Position Summary The Venue Sales Manager is responsible for generating meeting and event revenue for the Charleston Gaillard Center. The ability to provide cross-functional support is necessary and involvement in a variety of projects will be required. The Sales Manager initiates contact with new and repeat clients to promote and sell the use of the Gaillard Center. The Sales Manager enhances the relationship between clients of the Gaillard Center and Center staff. The ideal person will spend approximately 60% of their time visiting existing and prospective new clients of the Gaillard Center in the local and regional marketplace and 40% of their time working with current clients. This position reports to the Vice President of Marketing & Sales.
•Proactively develop new accounts, cultivate existing clients and implement sales strategies to achieve goals and maximize revenue for the Charleston Gaillard Center, while developing and maintaining a high level of client satisfaction.
• Create a pipeline of venue rental prospects and manage relationships from top of funnel awareness and interest, through contract negotiation, to conversion and into return event space rental.
• Represent the Gaillard Center to potential clients. Interpret and explain Gaillard Center policies and procedures.
• Routinely conduct industry-related research to identify potential Gaillard Center clients through the use of databases, Internet searches, social media channels, and other methods as assigned.
• Plan and implement creative local and regional sales blitzes with the goal of increasing short-term and long-term revenue streams through generating leads and developing client relationships.
• Travel to and represent the Gaillard Center at various industry events and participate in related trade organizations.
• Respond to inquiries from prospective and confirmed Gaillard Center clients regarding general information, rates, and compatible space availability; suggesting alternate dates when necessary.
• Work with the Marketing department and Spectra Sales/Marketing to prepare and implement sales action plans monthly, quarterly, and annually.
•Initiate booking discussions, prepare Gaillard Center rental proposals and cost estimates for potential clients, while communicating with other departments to generate comprehensive event proposals.
• Enter and maintain prospective and current client contact information, booking information and prospecting activities into computerized event booking and management system; update as necessary.
• Work with the Operations department to accurately assess the financial viability of rental requests.
• Develop and maintain market awareness to ensure ability to predict revenue opportunities and set proactive strategies.
• Connect with people in a meaningful way, continually innovating to expand the reach with key corporate, business, and travel industry accounts. Acting as a positive main point of contact for hotel partners, the CACVB and other community partners. Tapping into community organizations needs to elevate the Gaillard Center’s market share awareness and driving further business.
• Respond to and manage all venue sales inquiries for the Exhibition Hall or full facility rental with the exception of community and resident artistic groups.
•Conduct client site visits, prepare rental estimates and contracts, and draft all correspondence and related materials.
• Serve as the client point of contact throughout the sales process, partnering with the Catering Sales Manager and the Operations Team to ensure AV needs are accurately met.
• Ensure that all venue rental inquiries and bookings are completely and accurately entered into event management system.
• Provide the Vice President of Marketing & Sales with a monthly report of new bookings against budget.
• Meet and/or exceed revenue goals while maintaining target margin.
• Review all meeting planner evaluations to ensure any problems are rectified.
• Attend sales and staff pre-event and post event conference meetings to ensure highest level of client satisfaction.
• Collaborate with the event management team to ensure a smooth transition for contracted events and support additional sales needs.
• Other duties as assigned.
About Charleston Gaillard Center
One of Charleston South Carolina's most notable spaces, the Charleston Gaillard Center is a 501c3 nonprofit providing the Lowcountry with a world-class performance hall, elegant venue space, and vibrant educational opportunities inspiring our dynamic community through the power of the performing arts.