$40,000 - $45,000 Salary commensurate with education, experience and other requirements, etc. Comprehensive benefit package (health care, vacation, etc.)
At Will/Just Cause:
Summary of Position:
Provide secretarial and legal support to the Office of the Vice President and General Counsel and general office support duties as needed.
Associate’s Degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of related work experience.
Required Work Experience:
Two years of full-time related work experience.
Required Licenses and Certifications:
Additional Education/Experiences to be Considered:
Anything above the stated minimum. Emphasis on legal education. Any experience above the statement minimum. Emphasis on legal experience.
* Receive visitors and answer the telephone. Screen calls and callers and respond to matters or refer them to appropriate persons.
* Maintain the overall filing and/or record-keeping systems.
* Maintain the overall diary/case management system.
* Provide support for all major and minor office purchases, including collection of information and quotations and placing orders, inventory, initiate and prepare requisitions for supplies and services.
* Serve as the Office of Vice President and General Counsel's event planner and coordinator.
* Provide office support as assigned including maintaining appointment calendars, handling correspondence (i.e. review incoming mail, track deadlines, assemble materials to facilitate response, independently answer routine correspondence and draft non-routine correspondence for review); arranging meetings; making travel arrangements; responding to routine inquiries; type draft and final correspondence, agreements and other documents.
* Schedule appointments, on and off campus.
* Respond to inquiries from a variety of internal and external sources.
* Perform any additional clerical duties as assigned.
* Responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of designated information.
Skills and Abilities:
* Operate specialized equipment such as computers, photocopiers, etc.
* Operate Access database, word processing, spreadsheet and presentation programs.
* Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
* Plan, organize and make sound judgments and decisions.
* Work on multiple projects at the same time.
* Utilize the rules of proper grammar, correct spelling, and punctuation, and proper arrangement of information (form and format) when preparing correspondence.
* Successfully interact with a variety of staff, students, and visitors in a variety of situations.
* Work cooperatively in a fast-paced, demanding atmosphere.
* Respond appropriately, efficiently, and positively to direction from supervisors and others.
* Demonstrate initiative and sound judgment in the performance of duties.
Please attach unofficial transcript for Associate Degree, if applicable.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Initial Application Review Date:
April 5, 2021
Posting Close Date:
Ferris State University, an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, is committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity within its community. Ferris offers employment opportunities to qualified candidates seeking careers in a student-focused environment that values opportunity, collaboration, diversity and educational excellence. Learn more about the Ferris Mission and community at ferris.edu. The University actively seeks applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and other underrepresented groups. For more information on the University’s Policy on Non-Discrimination, visit: Ferris Non-Discrimination Statement.
Internal Number: 494147
About Ferris State University
Ferris State University prepares students for successful careers, responsible citizenship, and lifelong learning. Through its many partnerships and its career-oriented, broad-based education, Ferris serves our rapidly changing global economy and society.