Responsible for analyzing, organizing and coordinating processes, procedures and workflow to ensure efficiency. Provides a wide variety of administrative, academic and staff or student support services to academic departments or programs. Works under general supervision with duties and tasks reflecting a moderate level of complexity. The Lehigh community takes seriously our commitment to antiracism and The Principles of our Equitable Community.
1. Academic Coordination, Documentation and Communications *Assists with the preparation and production of complex documentation, such as course line schedules, graduate/undergraduate student forms, grant proposals and Partnership Agreements *Assists in the preparation and control of records, statistics and reports regarding Department operations; generates reports as specified such as tracking faculty actions, undergrad/grad student progress and majors/minors, catalog updates, Course Inventory Management (CIM), etc. *May work with faculty and the College to recruit graduate students, track and coordinate applications, work with financial aid packages, assist with student registration through graduation, if applicable *Updates work instructions, procedures and Departmental manuals as instructed *Sends complex and/or high-profile emails and mass mailings as instructed *May generate reports and charts for various projects; assist with presentation creation using established content *May assist in creating Departmental flyers, newsletters, announcements and other communications, as instructed *May monitor social media: respond to routine questions or posting prearranged content *May perform basic website updates and maintenance
2. Customer Service *Responds to varied and often complex inquiries from students, faculty and staff requiring a basic understanding of University and Departmental programs, services, policies and procedures *Assists with and resolves non-routine problems in a thorough and timely manner; uses discretion guided by policies and precedents; knows who to go to regarding non-routine issues *Assists graduate and undergraduate students in scheduling appointments with faculty and/or understanding academic requirements, processes and procedures
3. Meeting and Events Coordination *Schedules and coordinates appointments, visits and/or meetings *Plans and coordinates routine meetings and events with both internal and external guests *Arrange conferences, lectures, receptions and other special events *Plan and arrange logistics for faculty hiring searches, from advertising position to setting up interviews to onboarding new hires *Assist with student programming events
4. Budgetary and Financial *Works with Lehigh’s financial systems and tools to compute, classify, record and verify data for departmental accounting records; identifies discrepancies for supervisor *Assist with submitting hiring set-up and request forms/payroll forms/AP check requests/deposit transmittals/funding transfer forms/etc. for the Department or programs *Tracks and reconciles budget accounts, transactions and financial statements *Assists in cost control activities, working with the Department and College *Follows established Department protocols, working with the college for filing and maintaining financial records and associated documentation *Works within an established budget; may select vendors and utilize signature and purchasing authorization; responsible for staying within budget and following budgetary/expense policies and guidelines *Reconcile and approve credit card purchasing and out-of-pocket reimbursements for faculty and students; brings discrepancies or non-standard purchases to supervisors’ attention
5. Equipment, Facilities and Technical Support *Order and maintain office supplies, books, computers and equipment *Arrange for office equipment purchases/contracts/repairs/service *May provide general technical support for Department *Coordinate the scheduling/reservation of Departmental conference rooms or other spaces *Assist with building space issues of the Department at the discretion of the supervisor, assigning space and coordinating space remodels or repairs
6. General Office Operations and guidance to office personnel *Provide administrative support for general office operations such as receptionist tasks – meet, greet and assist visitors, take phone calls and messages, retrieve/send and organize mail, schedule meetings and update calendars *May guide or check the work of student workers, wage employees and/or volunteers; may assist with recruitment and selection of student workers or volunteers and approve students/wage timesheets *May orient new staff or offer recommendations/input for hiring additional office staff *May assist with onboarding new instructional employees, preparing office space, ensuring hiring forms and paperwork are completed and submitted in a timely manner *Assists others regarding standard office procedures
Position Number: S73230
Grade: 7-37.5; $35,560 - $42,690
This is an approximate range and is subject to change based on experience, skills and qualifications.
Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing an accommodation for any part of the interview or hiring process may contact Lehigh's Accommodations Specialist at email@example.com
The duties of the position do not allow for a remote work option; the employee in this position will be required to work on campus where they can be fully accessible to the Lehigh community
This position works with minors
High school diploma or the equivalent combination of education and experience; Associates Degree preferred
Three to five years of related work experience
Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and a high level of customer service required
Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Some analytical and problem-solving skills
Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
Strong organizational skills and time-management skills
Experience managing schedules and coordinating events
Excellent computer skills with experience using word processing and spreadsheet software
Successful completion of standard background checks including but not limited to: social security verification, education verification, national criminal background checks, motor vehicle checks, PATCH, FBI fingerprinting, Child Abuse Clearance and credit history based upon the requirements of the position
Only complete applications will be considered therefore please complete the application in its entirety. Once the posting is removed from the website applications may no longer be allowed to be completed.
Lehigh is a premier residential research university, ranked in the top tier of national research universities each year. We are a coeducational, nondenominational, private university that offers a distinct academic environment of undergraduate and graduate students from across the globe.